Pre and Post Natal Fitness is designed for those of you who are thinking of having a baby and want to stay in good shape and prepare for the birth, and those who already have babies and young children.
There are many physical and mental benefits of exercising at this time
Pre Pregnancy Exercise:
- Maintain/manage healthy weight
- Manages & reduces stress
- Improves health and well-being
- Reduces risk of development of gestational diabetes mellitus
Pre Natal Exercise (before birth):
- Maintains baseline fitness levels
- Improves circulation
- Reduces swelling and gastrointestinal discomforts
- Reduces maternal weight gain
- Contributes to easier, shorter and less complicated labour
Post Natal Exercise:
- Improves posture, strength and stamina
- Increases metabolic rate and weight loss
- Tones the muscles stretched during pregnancy
- Helps you regain your pre pregnancy shape
- Provides some valuable, precious time just for you
All our sessions are child friendly, so if you have a toddler, a second or even 3rd sibling, why not bring them a long too. It can be great fun for the little ones watching Mum making all those funny moves.
Before undertaking a post natal exercise programme please gain consent to exercise from your Doctor or Midwife. If you had a natural delivery, this will be approximately 6 weeks after the birth. For cesarean deliveries, this is usually around 10 weeks after the birth.
We recommend a FREE personal consultation with one of our trainers before undertaking a pre or post natal exercise program, so please contact us for more information.